April 22, 2015 | ACORE MEMBER DAY | The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
Photo courtesy of the United States Navy
ACORE Member Day events are open only to employees of ACORE Member Organizations. Member Day, taking place Wednesday, April 22nd, is composed of a National Defense and Security Executive Meeting, Member Luncheon, Annual Membership Meeting, and the 12th Annual National Policy Forum Opening Cocktail Reception. In order to attend Member Day activities, ACORE Members are requested to register for the Policy Forum, and select the member activities they would like to attend.
||Registration Opens for ACORE Members
|11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
||ACORE Member Luncheon
|12:30 – 3:45 p.m.
National Defense & Security Initiative Meeting
In addition to the annual Member Day Meeting, ACORE will host a half-day executive meeting with Department of Defense (DoD) energy leaders and ACORE members to share lessons learned and map a path forward for the expansion of renewable energy at military installations. As the Army, Navy, and Air Force each set unique strategies to deploy 1 GW of renewable energy – from one-off RFPs, to wider regional solicitations, to direct interaction with utilities – hurdles remain in minimizing timelines and reducing costs for projects. DoD officials will provide a status update on their renewable energy strategies, and leading developers and financiers will illuminate the pros and cons of different procurement approaches, highlight trends and innovations from the private sector, and provide recommendations on how to account for the all-in costs of such projects. Open to ACORE members and government officials only.
Sessions indicated below:
|12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
||Welcome & Keynote
- Dan Reicher, Interim President & CEO, ACORE, Executive Director, Steyer-Taylor Center for Energy Policy and Finance, Stanford University
- John Conger, Performing the Duties of Assistant Secretary of Defense for Energy, Installations and Environment, U.S. Department of Defense
|1:00 – 2:15 p.m.
Overview of Military Services’ Project Pipelines & Other Issues
The military services will provide an update on renewable energy project pipelines and upcoming opportunities for the private sector, and also discuss lessons learned on different procurement methods.
- Moderator: Todd Foley, Senior Vice President, Strategy, Policy & Government Relations, Chief Strategy Officer, ACORE
- Richard Kidd, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Energy & Sustainability), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army Installations, Energy & Environment, U.S. Department of the Army
- Steven Iselin, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Energy, Installations and Environment, U.S. Department of the Navy
- Roberto Guerrero, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Energy, U.S. Department of the Air Force
|2:15 – 2:30 p.m.
|2:30 – 3:45 p.m.
Program Operations Contracting & Finance
Speakers will discuss best practices in creating effective, streamlined RFPs to simplify timelines and attract financing.
- Moderator: Christopher Gladbach, Senior Associate, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Pamela Griffith, Director, Installation Energy, DLA Energy
- Amanda Simpson, Executive Director, Army Office of Energy Initiatives
- Dr. Pasquale Gambatese, Director, Air Force Energy Policy, Department of the Air Force
- The Honorable William C. Anderson, Director, Strategy and Business Development, Government, Eaton Corporation
|3:45 – 4:00 p.m.
|4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Annual Member Day Meeting
This member-only meeting provides members with an opportunity to learn more about 2015 focuses, get briefed on organizational updates, voice feedback and any questions for the staff, and network with other members. Open to ACORE members only.
|5:15 – 7:30 p.m.
||12th Annual National Renewable Energy Policy Forum: Opening Cocktail Reception | Open to ACORE members and registered Policy Forum attendees only.
|7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
for more information.